Monday, January 02, 2012

happy new year

i hope you all had a wonderful holiday.
ours was quiet and simple and beautiful.
we went through a lot this year and came out stronger, healthier, happier.
we still keep counting our little blessings...


before the christmas break, a friend baked me some fairy cakes. yes cupcakes in ireland are called fairy cakes.
the cutest plate evah is by Donna Wilson.


this is the first year i used my planner until the end of the year.
(this year i went for the soft cover and suprise, surprise it came with stickers! yes.)


we knew we would be very busy in December so we decided to put up the tree earlier. that's our supervisor on the chair, quality control is tops on his agenda.

this i have learned on writing christmas cards - put up the tree, light some scented candles, put on some old-fashioned christmas music and writing cards will never ever feel like a chore.


something new for me : christmas wreath on my dining room wall
sourced from Garrendenny Lane.


the husband was crazy over blue lights. obviously i'm not too difficult to convince.


this is the warmest winter i've had here so far.
but a cup of hot chocolate piled high with cream makes up for the lack of snow.
(plate and mug by Donna Wilson)


i still have holiday until the end of the week. yezzzz!
my mil flew in from amsterdam to spend the new year celebration with us.
and to join us in celebrating the husband's birthday.
we're going to the hairdresser on thursday...
my hair's really annoying me i think i'll have it chopped off again. she's getting a perm.
lastly, i'm a bit worried about going back to work next week - because it means i'll be terribly busy again  and i'm quite liking my long holiday.
on the other hand, the work waiting for me in the office is starting to nag at the back of my head.
so i was so glad when i found this quote yesterday, i'm officially declaring it as my inspiration for January:

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; from discord find harmony; in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ~ Albert Einstein

anyhoo, happy new year everyone!
this is my prayer -
may 2012 be a year of opportunities, may i never cease to look at the world with wonder, may i always pass on the kindness which i constantly receive from strangers and friends alike, may i keep dreaming and believing in myself, may my heart be continually grateful, may i always keep the faith.
i'm claiming blessings of good health, happiness, peace and overflowing love for all of us.

16 comments:

  1. I've always loved your posts, 'dette, bec they always sound so positive and upbeat. Hope 2012 is off to a great start for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the fairy cake is simply awesome :) your wreath is pretty cool too. i hope you have the best year ahead! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year and more blessings to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odette! Happy new year! I know you're busy and I wish you would update more, but at least you got out a new year post. :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and kj too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year dette! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for dropping by! x
    i've missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures :)Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Srivats! All the best for the new year. :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Odette, I am visiting all my blogging friends today. I hope that everything is good with you and that you have a Happy New Year. I am going to be blogging more and visiting everyone more often. I just love all your photos. You are a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! Will be visiting your blog soon, I miss our old blogging days! x

      Delete
  10. Beautiful post! Hope your holidays were filled with delight. I am late in greeting you, but have a lovely 2012 ahead! Your photos are as always, inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post. your own wreath is pretty cool as well. i hope you have the very best year ahead! happy new 12 months.

    ReplyDelete

thank you very much for taking time to leave a comment!